Website City of Parker
The City of Parker has an opening for the Utility Department. All applicants MUST complete and return a City of Parker employment application in order to be considered for this position. Resumes submitted without a completed job application will not be considered.
Utility Job description
The City Parker is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Utilities Service Worker
Department: Public Works; Utilities
Type of position: Full-time
Pay Rate: $16-$18/Hr. based on qualifications.
Hours: 40/week Nonexempt
On-Call Rotation (after hours)
This is limited skilled work performing a variety of maintenance, construction, repair of water and sewer line and associated equipment within the Underground Utilities Division. Assignments are received in oral and written form.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs repair and maintenance work on sewer mains and manholes, valves, hydrants, broken water lines or force mains.
- Operates various equipment and machinery to install water services.
- Drives a service/crew truck as needed to perform assigned duties.
- In response to work orders or service requests, independently locates, digs up, repairs, or replaces leaking or broken water/sewer lines, water meters and associated equipment.
- Restores the ground around roadways and rights-of-way to their original condition by backfilling, replacing sod, etc.
- Participates in a rotating on call duty in responding to emergency calls after normal duty hours.
- Maintains a wastewater system that will comply with all plumbing codes and health standards.
- Examines meter installations for leaks and improper registration of consumption, reports faulty meters, and inspects visible plumbing for water leakage.
- Turns water service on and off at individual meters in accordance with authorization of supervisor, or in emergency cases as directed. May be required to read water meters on an assigned route and record readings.
- Operates hand and power tools as required to make repairs.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of backflow prevention devices.
- Responds to emergency calls for leaks and breaks.
- Obtains supplies from the warehouse and keeps work truck stocked with required supplies.
- Assists in traffic control around job sites.
- Keeps job site clean and vehicles/equipment in good working order.
- Performs related duties as required.
- This is an emergency essential position that requires performance of emergency duties and actions to prepare, repair, and recover the City before, during, and after any adverse storm events (hurricane, tornado, etc.) or other conditions (natural or manmade).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of daily work activities of the division. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to work during inclement weather conditions. Skill in the use and care of pertinent tools and equipment. Skilled in the use, operation and care of tools and equipment of the trade.
Graduation from high school or possession of a recognized equivalent diploma. One (1) year of maintenance or construction experience is preferred. A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications. Must possess and maintain a Florida driver’s license (Class B Minimum).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally – Lift/Carry: 21-100+ Lbs, Push/Pull: 26-100 Lbs, Climb, Crawl, Sit Frequently – Lift/Carry: 20 Lbs or Less, Push/Pull: 25 Lbs or Less, Twist/Turn, Reach Above Shoulder, Reach Outward, Handling/Fingering, Stand, Walk, Drive: Automatic and Manual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is outside year-round and is constantly exposed to all weather conditions.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org