City of Parker
Parks Department Job Description
The City Parker is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Parks Department
Department: Public Works; Parks
Type of position: Full-time
Pay Rate: $16-$18/Hr. based on qualifications.
Hours: 40/week Nonexempt
On-Call Rotation (after hours)
This is limited skilled work performing a variety of maintenance, construction, repair of water and sewer line and associated equipment within the Underground Utilities Division. Assignments are received in oral and written form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- This is a skilled manual work position in general maintenance, construction activities of grounds, playground, and athletic courts.
- A full range of landscape and maintenance responsibilities will be engaged.
- Work also involves the operation, maintenance and security of the City Pier and involves public contact with facility users.
- Work may be carried on during the day, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Performs tasks in repair/maintenance of buildings, equipment, apparatus, and facilities.
- Utilizes tools and equipment in construction and maintenance activities.
- Performs cleaning of equipment and facilities.
- Performs custodial and litter/trash control duties.
- Mows, trims, edges, fertilizes, and waters parks, playing fields and other landscaped areas; weeds, prunes, mulches, fertilizes and sprays trees, plants, and shrubbery; prepares soil for planting, seeds, and re-sods lawn area; plants trees, seedlings, and shrubs.
- Assists in application of fertilizers, pesticides and non-restrictive insecticides and herbicides to athletic fields, lawns, flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Repairs and maintains irrigation systems; adjusts repairs and replaces timing mechanisms.
- Performs renovations and retrofits of athletic courts.
- Performs plumbing work in repairing valves and fixtures.
- Makes periodic checks of assigned areas and facilities to protect County property by watching for prowlers, fires, and ward off vandalism.
- Maintains inventory and daily safety and activities reports.
- Provides assistance in the routine maintenance, care of pier equipment and facilities in an assigned area.
- Provides assistance in the routine operational and serving phases of pier activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of daily work activities of the division. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to work during inclement weather conditions. Skill in the use and care of pertinent tools and equipment. Skilled in the use, operation and care of tools and equipment of the trade.
Graduation from high school or possession of a recognized equivalent diploma. One (1) year of maintenance or construction experience is preferred. A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications. Must possess and maintain a Florida driver’s license (Class B Minimum).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally – Lift/Carry: 21-100+ Lbs, Push/Pull: 26-100 Lbs, Climb, Crawl, Sit Frequently – Lift/Carry: 20 Lbs or Less, Push/Pull: 25 Lbs or Less, Twist/Turn, Reach Above Shoulder, Reach Outward, Handling/Fingering, Stand, Walk, Drive: Automatic and Manual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is outside year-round and is constantly exposed to all weather conditions.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com