We are currently seeking a Street Department Worker for the Public Works Department. The Public Works Department constructs, repairs, and maintains streets and other related projects. This full-time position will work outdoors in all types of weather to assist with the maintenance of city streets. The position will shovel asphalt, patch potholes, mow and weed-eat right-a-way areas.
Street/Concrete Finisher Job Description
The City Parker is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Street/Concrete Service Worker
Department: Public Works; Street
Type of position: Full-time
Pay Rate: $16-$18/Hr. based on qualifications.
Hours: 40/week Nonexempt
On-Call Rotation (after hours)
This is limited skilled work performing a variety of maintenance, construction, repair of water and sewer line and associated equipment within the Underground Utilities Division. Assignments are received in oral and written form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs daily tasks such as mowing, weeding, raking, edging, and shoveling.
- Operates equipment such as zero turn mowers, weed eaters, backpack blowers, etc.
- Spreads and rakes gravel or asphalt in the patching and resurfacing of streets.
- Picks up trash on right-of ways.
- Installs and repairs street signs.
- Employee will be frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and to wet/ humid conditions.
- Performs vehicle and equipment pre/post inspections which may include duties such as greasing, checking oil, tires, and fluid levels.
- Reviews and signs documents such as, work orders, vehicle service request, vehicle logs, timesheets, and daily work reports.
- Moves furniture or other heavy material and equipment.
- Wash, polish, and assist in servicing city vehicles and equipment.
- Removes obstructions such as trees and brush from right-of-ways.
- Assists other divisions and performs other semi-skilled and unskilled work as directed.
- Performs janitorial duties such as sweeping and cleaning shop floors, breaks room, and bathrooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of daily work activities of the division. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to work during inclement weather conditions. Skill in the use and care of pertinent tools and equipment. Skilled in the use, operation and care of tools and equipment of the trade.
Graduation from high school or possession of a recognized equivalent diploma. One (1) year of maintenance or construction experience is preferred. A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications. Must possess and maintain a Florida driver’s license (Class B Minimum).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally – Lift/Carry: 21-100+ Lbs, Push/Pull: 26-100 Lbs, Climb, Crawl, Sit Frequently – Lift/Carry: 20 Lbs or Less, Push/Pull: 25 Lbs or Less, Twist/Turn, Reach Above Shoulder, Reach Outward, Handling/Fingering, Stand, Walk, Drive: Automatic and Manual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is outside year-round and is constantly exposed to all weather conditions.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org