City of Parker
Debris Truck Driver/Equipment Operator Job Description
The City Parker is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Trash Department
Department: Public Works; Trash
Type of position: Full-time
Pay Rate: $18-$20/Hr.
Hours: 40/week Nonexempt
On-Call Rotation (after hours)
This is limited skilled work performing a variety of maintenance, construction, repair of water and sewer line and associated equipment within the Underground Utilities Division. Assignments are received in oral and written form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Operates Knuckle Boom Debris Loader, move levers and depress pedals to maneuver equipment. Pick up debris using a rear mounted log loader boom. Loading and unloading trucks in a fast-paced environment
- Performs manual work associated with the collection of waste which may include trash, yard debris, furniture, bedding, tires, etc.
- Performs manual work associated with the collection of waste which may require the use of shovels, rakes, brooms, or pitchforks to pick up debris.
- Employee will be frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and to wet/ humid conditions.
- Evaluates daily schedule to determine if a trip to the landfill is necessary based on the number of houses on the route ensuring the efficient use of time and resources.
- Performs vehicle pre/post-trip inspections which may include duties such as checking oil, tires, and fluid levels of vehicle.
- Maintains and secures all departmental vehicles and equipment as directed by legislation, policies and procedures which may include cleaning, performing minor repairs and/or reporting damages to ensure equipment is operable in an efficient time frame allowing for operations of daily work details to continue.
- Retrieves landfill receipts that record and maintain daily records identifying the amount of waste that was transported and dumped.
- Reviews and signs documents such as, work orders, vehicle service request, timesheets, and daily work reports.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with management, employees, and members of the public.
- Performs daily tasks such as mowing, weeding, raking, edging, and shoveling.
- Operates equipment such as zero turn mowers, weed eaters, backpack blowers, etc.
- Spreads and rakes gravel or asphalt in the patching and resurfacing of streets.
- Picks up trash on right-of ways.
- Employees will be frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and to wet/ humid conditions.
- Reviews and signs documents such as, work orders, vehicle service request, vehicle logs, timesheets, and daily work reports.
- Removes obstructions such as trees and brush from right-of-ways.
- Assists other divisions and performs other semi-skilled and unskilled work as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, and materials used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of daily work activities of the division. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to work during inclement weather conditions. Skill in the use and care of pertinent tools and equipment. Skilled in the use, operation and care of tools and equipment of the trade.
Graduation from high school or possession of a recognized equivalent diploma. One (1) year of maintenance or construction experience is preferred. A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications. Must possess and maintain a Florida driver’s license (Class B Minimum).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally – Lift/Carry: 21-100+ Lbs, Push/Pull: 26-100 Lbs, Climb, Crawl, Sit Frequently – Lift/Carry: 20 Lbs or Less, Push/Pull: 25 Lbs or Less, Twist/Turn, Reach Above Shoulder, Reach Outward, Handling/Fingering, Stand, Walk, Drive: Automatic and Manual
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is outside year-round and is constantly exposed to all weather conditions.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org