City of Parker
The City of Parker has an opening for the code enforcement officer. All applicants may complete and return a City of Parker employment application or provide a resume in order to be considered for this position. Resumes submitted without a completed job application will be considered.
Code Enforcement Officer Job description
The City Parker is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Code Enforcement Officer
Department: Code Enforcement
Type of position: Full-time
Pay Rate: $16/Hr.
The code enforcement department is directed to assure compliance within the physical and legal boundaries of the City of Parker Florida. State of Florida Statute 162 authorizes cities and counties to enforce their local laws with the intent to promote, protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of their citizens. Code enforcement enforces the city codes to prevent and abate nuisances on private property.
Code enforcement is responsible for compliance with various city ordinances. Most of the activities involve overgrown vegetation, illegal dumping, abandoned and/or unregistered vehicles/trailers, deteriorated structures, foreclosed properties, green pools, and signs.
Under general supervision, the code enforcement officer will perform a variety of technical duties in support of the City’s local code enforcement program, monitor and enforce a variety of applicable ordinances, codes and regulations related to land use, nuisance housing, building codes, health and safety, blight, water waste, and other matters of public concern. The code officer will patrol the city looking for violations. investigate code violations, issue violation warnings as well as letters of abatement.
Additionally, a code enforcement officer serves as a resource and provides respectful and effective information on city regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, the general public and other city departments as well as elected officials in both oral and written form. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- maintain confidentiality at all times
- understands and interprets the ordinances, laws and regulations
- respond to citizen complaints of code violations
- inspects and investigates potential violations of city codes and other laws to determine if a violation has occurred
- proactively patrols and surveys locations for code violations during the course of duty
- researches land ownership records, permitting records and past or current code violations using computer software programs
- prepares a descriptive summary report on conditions and findings regarding each case investigation to document potential violations for case preparation
- prepares notices of violation to be sent or served directly upon violators after inspection
- communicates respectfully with alleged violators regarding findings, the process they will be involved in to address the findings, and the resolution of the violation(s)
- re-inspects violations for compliance in a timely manner
- issues citations and notices to appear for a quasi-judicial hearing and prepares reports as necessary for such proceedings
- appears/testifies in quasi-judicial proceedings to submit evidence and case summaries for the enforcement/prosecution of criminal infractions of codes, ordinances and/or laws
- works in a coordinated manner with other departments as well as maintaining respectful and effective communications for establishing coordination with other departments relevant to code enforcement activities
- performs necessary data entry as required
- completes paperwork with specified time constraints
- handles multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions
- works under adverse conditions at times
- works and adapts to hostile situations
- maintains professional composure in heated situations
- follows departmental and city procedures
- uses radios and other communication devices
- operates a telephone, copy machine, laminating device, computer, digital camera and code vehicle
- maintains cleanliness of assigned vehicle and equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, software and materials used in the daily work activities of code enforcement. Ability to carry out oral and written instructions. Ability to work during inclement weather conditions. Skill in the use and care of pertinent tools and equipment of the trade
Graduation from high school or possession of a recognized equivalent diploma. Experience with previous code enforcement is preferred but not required. Must possess and maintain a Florida driver’s license. Must be willing to take and pass a drug screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is often outside and exposed to all weather conditions.
These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The City of Parker offers a competitive benefit package to include paid health, dental, and life insurance for employees, as well as discounted family plan benefits, paid time off, and retirement through the Florida Retirement System (FRS).
Job Type: Full-time
Please complete an application at link below
Submit a resume by clicking the button below and sending the information to the provided e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org