To be considered for the job you MUST fill out a City of Parker application which you can get by clicking the link below. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com (for fastest processing), or returned in person or by
mail, to Parker City Hall, located at 1001 W. Park Street, Parker, FL 32404
JOB DESCRIPTION: CITY CLERK
Responsible for administrative staff work in
assisting department officials, Mayor and City Council Members. The position
requires exercise of independent judgement, discretion, and initiative in carrying
out the daily operations of the City. Must posse the ability to communicate
effectively, openly, and honestly and maintain a liaison with the public. May
be records, retention and archive programs. Attends council meeting, keeps
records and produces minutes. Conducts City elections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Provide Notary Public Services as
• Maintain files of all City records.
• Prepares specifications on major City contracts, prepares
bid invitations, processes records, files and advertise bids. Monitor contracts
• Directs preparation of the budget, make procedural and
operational recommendations to the Mayor and City Council.
• Maintains and promulgates necessary City Ordinances, process records files and advertise Ordinances, Resolutions, notices and etc.
• Attends and participates in conferences and meetings of other governmental agencies, as well as City Council meetings, records and transcribes the minutes of the same and prepares agenda as directed.
• Holds and supervises City Elections as required.
• Handles City correspondence, both incoming and outgoing.
Prepares written correspondence as necessary.
• Maintains liaison with the City Auditor, reviews vouchers
and monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports.
• Assists department supervisors as required.
• Implements and directs Emergency Response to natural
• Monitors and implements City’s Comprehensive Plan and Land Development Regulations.
• Prepares and submits grant applications as required.
• Serves as City’s Flood Community Rating System Officer.
• Serves as assistant Code Enforcement Officer.
• Investigates violations of City Ordinances, recommends
corrective action to the City Council, or turns over to the appropriate
authority for action.
• Prepares and monitors building permit applications, dock permit
applications and development orders.
• Serves as City supply manager.
• Maintains municipal deeds, leases, agreements, and other records as
• Maintains custody of City’s official seal. Signs documents and affixes seal.
• Performs special projects as assigned by City Council.
• Follows City Safety policies and procedures.
• Follows City personnel policies and procedures.
• Monitors the Code
Enforcement City Budget.
• Works with the City Attorney for any legal matters.
• Initiates and prepares for hearings before Special Magistrate.
• Provides information to City Clerk for Council
Meetings as needed.
• Operates office equipment such as computers, copier, etc.
• Maintains a customer service approach, with ability to
solve problems quickly and effectively.
To perform this job successfully an
individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative to the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university with a degree in public or business administration or related area. Extensive experience in administration. A comfortable amount of training or experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Knowledge of legal requirements, rules, and procedures of the City. Knowledge of Ordinances, policies, and procedures of the City.
Knowledge of Personnel and Risk Management practices, policies, and techniques.
Basic knowledge of computer software, adding machines, fax machines and other related office equipment.
Possess the ability to supervise as needed. Deals with citizens with diplomacy and tact.
Benefits: The City of Parker offers a competitive benefit package to
include paid health, dental, and life insurance for employees, as well as
discounted family plan benefits, paid time off, and retirement through the
Florida Retirement System (FRS).
***Interested candidates must complete
and return a City of Parker employment application in order to be considered
for this position. Applications can be downloaded on our website, www.cityofparker.com, under "Employment Opportunities" or obtained in person from the Human Resources Department located at Parker City Hall, 1001 W. Park Street, Parker, FL 32404. Resumes submitted without a completed
job application WILL NOT be considered.***